What Are Recipes for Learning? The 7 Skills Important for Learning
When it comes to studying, most students find it difficult to put together a strategy that helps them succeed with learning.
EduKitchen asks ; Why not look at strategies for success in learning, as building ‘recipes’ for success with learning?
We also look at valuable study tips to help make how we study easy to follow and maintain.
Building The Best Planner
This blog contains affiliate links to highlighted websites and/or resources. By clicking on the link and making a purchase we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here for full disclosure.
Consider using an elegant and purposeful resource journal for planning your recipes for success to inspire and motivate teaching and learning in the classroom. Promptly Journals will help highlight your day as part of your recipe for success. Click here to order your “self-love” journal today!
We know that recipes in the kitchen need essential ingredients to make every part of the meal something to remember. We also know that there are important steps to follow through in the recipe that leads to the ultimate satisfaction of the meal we are about to enjoy.
At EduKitchen, we believe the kitchen is one of the best places for learning. This is because we have many opportunities for subject learning in the kitchen.
A food recipe also includes learning skills that teach us language, math, and science. We also build on important life skills such as organization, time management, and problem solving.
Our name, EduKitchen, is inspired by the kitchen, and we believe that when we combine the tools for education with recipes for success, we get “recipes” for learning!
Building Recipes for Learning Video
Watch our video below to see how it is possible to create your own recipes for learning.
How can we make “recipes” for learning?
Let us begin with recognizing the seven must have skills that build our recipes.
Recognize The 7 Must Have Skills
EduKitchen believes that anyone, with the right skills, or ingredients (see our list), can develop general learning strategies that when used correctly, can create recipes for success for their educational and future goals.
Read below as to how to use these seven skills to build and maintain learning strategies.
(1) Begin with enthusiasm – It is in all of us, we just have to recognize it’s potential. We also need to recognize that we can do it, we just need to believe that we can, and nobody can tell you otherwise!
(2) Add confidence – believe that nothing can stand in your way, and that you can, and you will learn the subject!
(3) Sprinkle with organization –where is your happy place for studying – use social media with caution!
IV. Time Management
(4) Include some time management – are you an early bird or night owl – what time are you most productive!
V. Problem Solving Skills
(5) Fold in your problem solving skills – recognize what you know, what you need to find, and how you solve that need!
VI. Communication Skills
(6) Season well with communication – allow yourself to ask questions when you don’t understand or are able to share what you know with others! Positive words only!
(7) Blend the previous ingredients with patience – “Rome wasn’t built in a day” is the quote that tells us that patience in allowing for mistakes as you learn will help you grow in learning and understanding
Our mindset is also important; the last three ingredients on the list; consistency, goals, and positive outlooks help build a positive mindset for learning.
We have put these seven skills in a free resource to download or to share with others.
Now that you have created your recipes for learning, think about how you learn, and why it is so important.
How We Learn Is Important
If we change the focus of our learning from WHAT we are learning to HOW we will learn the material, it will allow us to understand and believe more as to WHY we need to learn the material.
Watch our video to get a sneak peak at how to earn those top scores at school.
Along with how you learn, it is also important to consider how humor can make learning so much more fun and interesting.
Consider Adding a Little Laughter To The List
Consider adding a little laughter in with all the seriousness of creating such recipes for learning.
When we learn to see the humor in how sometimes things don’t go as expected, or the unintended consequences of doing (or not doing) things, then we make our day just a little bit brighter by taking away some of the anxieties we associate with learning or life!
Teachers and parents can find this article useful in helping to guide learning.
Connect to our other pages as you navigate through our website. Explore what these pages have to offer you and you will be glad you did!
- Watch our educational videos to see how they help guide learning
- Learn our tips for how to improve your math skills
- Get more tips on student learning by visiting our student blogs
- Read how teachers can use “recipes for teaching” that they can share with other teachers
- See how effective lesson planning can make for improved learning
- See the 5 ways a little laughter can bring about success with academic teaching and learning
Join Us Today!
RECIPES FOR LEARNING GUIDE
Sign up to join our email list, and get your free copy of our recipes for learning guide.
The purpose behind building a “recipe for learning” is to understand that how we learn plays a major role in our success in Education. It will help us build the necessary skills and abilities to understand what we are learning.
And if for nothing else, creating recipes for learning can help make us become better at problem solving – which we need to recognize is a very important life skill. Your brain will thank you for it!
Think about how many problems you solve in one day!
Share Your Thoughts
Let us know your thoughts on our idea that learning can be like creating a recipe!
Finally remember that…
If we build our enthusiasm for knowledge using our life skills through patience, we gain the necessary confidence to do well in our studies.